i-coach is based in London and offers Foundation in Coaching Practice programmes across the UK and online. The programme is structured to support you to blend professional coaching skills with your existing activities as leaders and professionals. This programme will also support you to assess your appetite for further professional development to become a business coach. The programme ‘demystifies’ coaching, introducing the core concepts, models and approaches, while supporting you to practice your professional coaching skills within and between each module.
Who is it for?
Anyone looking for new ways to motivate and empower others, there is no "typical" participant. Previous attendees have included participants from all sectors, internal coaches, psychologists, consultants, teachers, lawyers, professionals within HR and IT as well as the self employed.
This programme is the first step towards a career as an accredited business coach, although a key focus is on applying the skills learnt to your individual context.
At i-coach academy, we believe that coaching is entirely unique to the individual. So rather than encouraging you to memorise rigid models and behaviours, we support you to construct your own views. Find out more about the i-coach learning philosophy. This way of learning is supported through the use of an individual coaching framework.
On successful completion of the programme you will be able to:
- Confidently use appropriate professional business coaching skills and techniques
- Engage in effective formal and informal coaching conversations
- Have established the foundations for building a career as a Coach
- Understand the importance of a path of professional development to evolve your practice further
Traditionally this has been delivered as a face-to-face learning programme in seven days over approximately seven months and combines classroom based activities, practical application, self-study and reflection.
At this current time, the programme will be delivered as a online/virtual blended learning programme, which delivers the same content but with a different learning flow.
Download the programme flow here
To complete our professional coaching programme, you will need to complete the following requirements:
- Active participation in webinars, calls, learning groups and online programmes over around 38 weeks
- Deliver a minimum of 36 hours of coaching with individuals in formal coaching programmes
- Practice your coaching style and skills in informal conversations including team meetings for at least one hour per week during the programme
- Receive a minimum of five hours of coach mentoring
- Work independently for approximately one hour per week on activities such as journaling and reading
- Successfully complete the Skills Benchmarking activities in final module
- Successfully complete a reflective assignment which includes a 2,000 word essay, development plan, individual profile, coaching logs and ethics statement
The i-coach academy Foundation in Coaching Practice is an open programme with a strong professional pedigree; accredited by EMCC (EQA Practitioner level), by the ICF (ACSTH – 102 hours) and also by the Association for Coaching (ACCT – Accredited Certificate in Coach Training). This programme is ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Level Coaches and Mentors
Find out more about Accreditation.
The programme is structured to support you to blend coaching skills with your existing activities as leaders and professionals. This programme will also support you to assess your appetite for further professional development as a coach. The programme ‘demystifies’ coaching, introducing the core concepts, models and approaches, while supporting you to practice your coaching skills within and between each module.
"I really liked the i-coach approach – you learn something and then you go and practice it. It’s the perfect experiential cycle of learning. That was brilliant because that’s exactly my learning style."
"I engage with people in a different way now – I feel I’m better at following the individual’s issues and needs and better at helping them explore them without direct input from me. In my career now there are more circumstances where I can have a coaching conversation rather than a managerial one to help people through an issue."
"I chose this course because I wanted something with real depth that really challenged and pushed me. i-coach's approach fundamentally really sat well with me because their philosophy is that there is no singular way of doing coaching. You've got to discover your own signature coaching style and it's got to be something authentically you."
“I have rarely come across a team of educators so passionate and caring about their "pupils" together with being technically excellent and unafraid of challenges. I loved it!” Meredith
Online starting 21 September 2021 at 16:00
- Week 1 21 September 2021 (Tuesday) 16:00-18:00 BST
- Week 2 28 September 2021 (Tuesday) 16:00-18:00 BST
- Week 3 06 October 2021 (Wednesday) 13:30-15:30 and 16:00-18:00 BST
- Week 6 12 October 2021 (Tuesday) 16:00-18:00 BST
- Week 7 03 November 2021 (Wednesday) 16:00-18:00 GMT
- Week 9 24 November 2021 (Wednesday) 13:30-15:30 and 16:00-18:00 GMT
Fees to cover the online programme as well as five 1:1 sessions with an i-coach Academy coach mentor are as follows:
** Early bird discount of 10% off for all applications and deposit received by 30th July 2021
Private Sector Organisations
£4,150 plus VAT
Self-Funding Professionals, Publicly Funded Organisations and Charities
£3,325 plus VAT
A 20% deposit is required to secure your place and the balance is to be paid before the programme starts, unless otherwise agreed. There is an option to pay in tranches subject to a £100 administration fee. All fees are subject to VAT.
To find out more contact us here.
If you would like to run this programme for an organisation cohort, please get in touch.