Foundation in Coaching Practice
Foundation in Coaching Practice
The i-coach academy Foundation in Coaching Practice is an open programme with a strong professional pedigree; accredited by EMCC (EQA Practitioner level), by the ICF (ACSTH – 102 hours) and also by the Association for Coaching (Accredited Certificate in Coach Training).
The programme is structured to support you to blend coaching skills with your existing activities as leaders and professionals. This programme will also support you to assess your appetite for further professional development as a coach. The programme ‘demystifies’ coaching, introducing the core concepts, models and approaches, while supporting you to practice your coaching skills within and between each module.
Who is it for?
Anyone looking for new ways to motivate and empower others, there is no "typical" participant. Previous attendees have included leaders from all sectors, internal coaches, psychologists, teachers, lawyers, professionals within HR and IT .
This programme is the first step towards a career as a professionally recognised coach, although a key focus is on applying the skills learnt to your individual context.
On successful completion of the programme you will be able to:
- Confidently use appropriate coaching skills and techniques
- Engage in effective formal and informal coaching conversations
- Have established the foundations for building a career as a Coach
- Understand the importance of a path of professional development to evolve your practice further
Traditionally this has been delivered as a face-to-face learning programme in seven days over approximately seven months and combines classroom based activities, practical application, self-study and reflection.
A virtual blended learning programme, which delivers the same content but with a different learning flow, will be offered from October 2020. For more information please download here
- Active participation in webinars, calls, learning groups and online programme over around 38 weeks
- Deliver a minimum of 36 hours of coaching with individuals in formal coaching programmes
- Practice your coaching style and skills in informal conversations including team meetings for at least one hour per week during the programme
- Receive a minimum of five hours of coach mentoring
- Work independently for approximately one hour per week on activities such as journaling and reading
- Successfully complete the Skills Benchmarking activities in final module
- Successfully complete a reflective assignment which includes a 2,000 word essay, development plan, individual profile, coaching logs and ethics statement
Fees to cover the online programme as well as five 1:1 sessions with an i-coach academy Coach Mentor are as follows:
Private Sector Organisations
£3,300 plus 20% VAT
Self-Funding Professionals, Publicly Funded Organisations and Charities
£2,850 plus 20% VAT
A 20% deposit is required to secure your place and the balance is to be paid before the programme starts, unless otherwise agreed. There is an option to pay in tranches subject to a £100 administration fee. All fees are subject to VAT.
How to apply
From October 2020, we will be offering our Foundation in Coaching Practice as an online blended learning course. To find out more, please complete the box below.
Very insightful Programme! It provided me with tools and frameworks that not only enhanced my professional skills but also aided my personal development. I would highly recommend this to colleagues and friends who are interested in understanding the fundamentals of coaching and its effectiveness.
I am using the skills I’ve learned during the foundation course on a daily basis, and I am loving the impact it has on the way I connect with people. I am also aware that there is a lot more to learn and I can’t wait to start the next part of my learning journey.