i-coach’s Coaching Essentials is a 10-week blended learning programme that instils the principles of a coaching mind-set and helps you put them into practice. It lays the foundation for effective conversations which enable performance across the organisation and unleash the potential of both individuals and teams.
Who is it for?
Leading a team in a fast-changing world has put new demands on managers and leaders. No longer can we rely on our own knowledge and experience to help others to perform, develop and thrive, instead a coaching mind-set is required. An approach that empowers individuals to learn and builds their capacity to be self-directed performers and learners.
The programme combines webinars, observed skills practice with practical application, self-study and reflection.
These sessions are split over 14 hours of:
- live online webinars
- skills practice with faculty support
- shared-learning with your peers
- a one to one coaching session with faculty
Alongside these sessions you will be asked to complete 14.5 hours of self-study and practice in your work environment.
Download the programme flow here
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Embrace a ‘coaching’ mind-set and confidently use foundation coaching skills
- Have increased awareness of your communication and learning preferences and how they impact others
- Engage in effective formal and informal coaching conversations
- Have a better understanding of learning theory
- Establish practices to further develop and sustain your coaching approach
"Coaching Essentials is for everyone. Seasoned coaches seeking a refresher, for people totally new to coaching, leaders, team members, even parents. You leave with skills that equip you for that enable better conversations which lead to better outcomes in every aspect of your life."
"I’ve done quite a lot of leadership courses but nothing specifically focussed on coaching in this way as a particular skillset. I think that’s the best way to view it, as a skillset and practice. Once you acquire tools and techniques, you really bolster what you can bring to an organisation."
"It is an eye opening experience. It really makes you think about how you use language and the ways in which it can unlock and support thinking."
“The coaching program has really changed the way I think both in my personal and professional life and I incorporate my learning in almost everything I do!”
“have enjoyed the course and benefited from it. There have been some real insights and new skills learnt.”
This programme is run as an ‘open programme’ where individuals or organisations can register to send managers or leaders. We also run this programme as a bespoke programme for organisations.
May 2021 starting 09:00
- Week 1 11 May 2021 09:00-10:30 BST
- Week 2 18 May 2021 09:00-11:00 BST
- Week 3 25 May 2021 09:00-10:30 & 11:00-12:30 BST
- Week 6 15 June 2021 09:00-10:30 BST
- Week 8 29 June 2021 09:00-11:00 BST
- Week 10 13 July 2021 09:00-10:30 BST
Fees to cover the 10 week online programme is as follows:
Private Sector Organisations
£800 plus VAT
Self-Funding Professionals, Publicly Funded Organisations and Charities
£675 plus VAT
** Coaching Essentials students, who move onto the Foundation in Coaching Practice programme, will receive a £250 refund
A 20% deposit is required to secure your place and the balance is to be paid before the programme starts, unless otherwise agreed.
If you would like to run this programme for an organisation cohort, please get in touch.